Justin L. Groen, Esq.
Justin L. Groen focuses his practice on complex personal injury litigation, primarily working with victims of medical malpractice, defective products, and other forms of serious negligence.
About Mr. Groen
Mr. Groen earned his juris doctor at Widener University School of Law in 2006, during which time he served as a law clerk to Federal District Judge Berle Schiller, as well as Federal Magistrate Judge Linda Caracappa. He received his undergraduate degree from Muhlenberg College in 2003, earning dual degrees in History and Philosophy.
From 2006 – 2009, Justin Groen served as an Assistant District Attorney for the City of Philadelphia. During his tenure as an Assistant District Attorney, Mr. Groen prosecuted thousands of criminals for crimes ranging from attempted murder, rape, burglary and armed robbery to narcotics distribution, embezzlement, and theft. After his time with the District Attorney’s Office, Mr. Groen began working for plaintiffs as a trial attorney in Montgomery and Lackawanna County, garnering significant results for his catastrophically injured clients. He has earned a reputation for skilled and passionate representation of clients, as well as veracity and tenacity in the courtroom. Mr. Groen’s zealous advocacy, previously on behalf of the citizens of Philadelphia and now on behalf of victims of catastrophic injury, has assured peace of mind and well deserved compensation for his clients.
Mr. Groen is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He lives in Philadelphia with wife, Kimberly, and their two children.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- US District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- US District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- US District Court – District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- $6.6 Million Verdict – for a man who permanently lost the use of over 50% of his body after he was prematurely discharged from the ER with a systemic blood infection.
- $625,000 RECORD jury verdict in Northumberland County, PA for the permanently injured victim of an undiagnosed TIA (transient iscehmic attack or mini-stroke).
- CONFIDENTIAL seven-figure settlement in Bucks County for the death of a 78 year-old woman killed in a motor vehicle accident caused by a local contractor.
- CONFIDENTIAL seven-figure settlement in Philadelphia against a primary cary physician and his practice for failing to timely diagnose sepsis resulting in death.
- CONFIDENTIAL seven-figure settlement on behalf of a permanently paralyzed man due to physician’s failure to diagnose and treat a spinal epidural abscess.
- CONFIDENTIAL six-figure settlement in Philadelphia against a primary care physician for failing to timely diagnose mesenteric, portal, and splenic vein thrombosis resulting in death.