Philadelphia Motorcycle Litigation Process
When you think of filing a lawsuit, you can become overwhelmed by the time it takes for your case to be settled. If you are thinking of filing a lawsuit for a Philadelphia motorcycle accident, get the legal counsel of Messa & Associates in Philadelphia. We will protect your rights and explain the entire litigation process step by step.
Steps in the Philadelphia Litigation
Sometimes litigation is necessary, particularly when the injuries are serious for the defense to evaluate or when there is a genuine dispute as to liability in the motorcycle accident.
Once your lawyer is retained they will:
- Obtain all the facts available by reviewing
- Police, witness, hospital, and medical reports
- Client notes
- Insurance documents
- Photographs taken at the accident scene
- Photographs of injuries
- Next, these things may happen:
- Plaintiff files a complaint
- Defendant answers the complaint
- Interrogatories are exchanged
- Formal request to produce documents
- Documents are subpoenaed
- Depositions are set and taken of parties and witnesses
- Status conference date is set up
- Trial date is set up
- Disclosure of all experts and their depositions taken
- Pretrial MSC (mandatory settlement conference) and trial
Your Motorcycle Accident Claims
Most of what ensues is handled by your personal injury attorney on your behalf. This is why your attorney needs to be experienced in trial preparation and evaluation of witness testimony for bias. They also need to have broad experience in jury assessment to make sure jurors are impartial. Messa & Associates is intimately familiar with this process and will represent you aggressively in your litigation. We will assess your case and the defendant’s case and seek to determine the viability of their case. We will call medical and professional experts as needed to assist your claim.
- Response to interrogatories (questions under penalty of perjury)
- Your deposition
- Work with your attorney to negotiate the settlement offer
We have broad experience with Philadelphia motorcycle injury litigation and are ready to provide advice and legal counsel to help you in obtaining the very best outcome. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, call us at 866.403.4LAW (4529) or complete our quick contact web form.