Fisher Price Rock’n Play Recall

By Sarah King

Jan 12

The popular Fisher-Price Rock’n Play Sleeper was originally recalled in 2019 but has been re-announced following additional related deaths.
100 infant deaths have occurred due to the inclined design of the sleeper leading to suffocation.
While the original recall is enough of an issue- the other concern is why an additional 70 infants died when the product was recalled multiple years ago. Studies show that many childcare facilities are still using these dangerous sleepers which raises the question of how many families are also still using the products.
It is important when a product recall needs to be announced, it happens quickly and efficiently to start preventing more injuries or deaths. The corporations that are producing recalled products need to be proactive and more aggressive when attempting to reach the consumers of the recalled products or injuries and deaths will continue past the original recall.
Philadelphia and New Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys
If your child is injured from a defective product, a premises defect, a car accident, or some other type of negligence, there is help available. Messa & Associates is fully operational during this time of crisis and we are available to guide you through this difficult situation.
Call us at 215-568-3500 or send us a message through the online inquiry form. Our attorneys are available to discuss your potential claim and your options moving forward.
The attorneys at Messa & Associates are experienced in handling product liability and other cases that result in injury to children including the following:
-We are currently representing a family after their baby fell out of a rocker causing a brain injury.
-$6.1 million settlement for a 3-year-old girl who lost her eye as a result of a defective gate latch at a daycare center.
-$5.75 million recovery was secured wrongful death of a two-year-old at a daycare center.
-$3.225 million recovery for a child who had part of her pinky cut off at a playground.
-$2.5 million recovery after a young girl suffered burns from a defective potpourri pot.

About the Author