Laura E. Laughlin
attorney at law
Laura concentrates her practice on catastrophic injury cases, including products liability, worksite injuries, and a special focus on medical malpractice and crime victim cases.
About ms. LAUGHLIN
Laura has been a trial attorney for two well-known catastrophic personal injury law firms in Philadelphia prior to joining Messa & Associates. Laura has a passion for working with and helping children. In her career, she has stood up for many children and adults that have been victims of sexual assault or who were injured due to negligence. She has found a passion in representing people who need a fighter on their side.
One of Laura's goals is to help her clients transition from feeling like a victim to becoming a survivor. Her undergraduate psychology degree helps her communicate with her clients that are going through trauma. Laura encompasses compassion and an edge that pushes her to achieve justice.
In Laura's career, she has achieved multiple seven and six-figure settlements and verdicts. She fits right into the Messa & Associates team as she is prepared to take every case to trial. As a trial attorney, she has taken advantage of being able to use the courtroom as a place to tell the story of her clients who may not be able to do it themselves and bring justice and awareness to the legal system.
Laura is an advocate for victims of sexual assault, abuse, and other legal issues in and out of the courtroom. She serves on the National Crime Victim Bar Association as the Vice-Chair of the Amicus Committee.
Wilkes University, Bachelor of Arts,
- Majors: Psychology and Communications Studies
Widener University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Most Promising Civil Litigator Award
- Pro Bono Service Award
- Trial Advocacy Certificate
- Criminal Law Certificate
- National Crime Victim Bar Association – Vice Chair of the Amicus Committee
- American Association for Justice - Sexual Assault and Child Sex Abuse Sections
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice - Medical Malpractice Section
- Delaware County Trial Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Certified Arbitrator for the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas
- New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- District of New Jersey
- Southern District of Florida
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017-2021
$3 Million verdict involving the fall of an 84-year-old man at the hospital, resulting in his death.
Seven-figure settlement for child with special needs injured at school.
Six-figure settlement for a child who was sexually assaulted at school.
Six-figure settlement for a child who was sexually assaulted at a residential facility.
Six-figure settlement for hazing survivor.
Six-figure settlement for failure to timely diagnose cancer.